Sunday, July 26, 2009

Confessions


Hello, my name is Katie Lundgreen and I am a bargain shopper.

Nothing draws me into a store more than flashing neon signs with one word written on them, "SALE". I will wake up to find myself drifting towards stores with large "20-50% off" signs, "Buy one get one FREE", and the classic "Clearance". I can't help myself. I love a good bargain. And if I find a good one, every time I wear that item, I have to tell someone about the great deal I got. For example, I have a little black purse that I take to church and I actually have a song that I sing about it. It is my Two Dollar Purse- and I let people know it. I have 7 dollar hoodies, 3dollar jackets, 5 dollar shoes, and the list just goes on. My newest item of my closet of bargains came into my possession this last Friday.

There I was driving down the road when I saw my name written in lights on the Payless window. When I turned for a second look I saw "Only $9.99". One glance and I was hooked. There was no stopping me. I was going shopping today. There I found a wonderful pair of shoes for 10 dollars. Then I found another adorable pair for only 7 dollars! Down from 20 dollars! But alas, they didn't have my size. But I was determined to get my 7 dollar shoes and didn't give up. My 7 dollar shoes were worth fighting for.

I battled my way through traffic to another wonderful Payless and they had my $7 shoes in my size! Now this may already sound like a happy end to my story, but please, dry your eyes, for my tale is not yet finished. Since I had taken the liberty of chasing after this wonderful bargain, I was rewarded. They gave me 3 dollars off for my trouble. Yes. You are doing the math right now and you are seeing the happy ending to this fairy tale story. My buy of the month. Possibly the year. My 4 dollar shoes! I can't say it enough. My 4 dollar shoes!

So everyone! Hear my plea and have courage! A bargain shopper is not something to be ashamed of. On the contrary it should be revered. My name is Katie Lundgreen and I am a bargain shopper! So to all those fellow Sale Seekers out there....happy hunting!

2 comments:

Julie said...

go kate!its the only way to shop, and the cheaper things are, the longer you can keep shopping. its amazing!

Anonymous said...

Katie, you are too funny! Way to go girl! Wear them proud and loud!!