So I'm watching these amazing dancers feeling bad that I'm not dancing anymore when it hit me....Why can't I dance? What's holding me back? This is probably the last time in my life where I could have an opportunity to dance and to be on a team. So I stopped feeling sad and I got really really excited. I'm going to dance again! I love dance! It's like soul balm. But I haven't danced for almost two years! My flexibility and technique is gone, completely gone. But I still have three more years at college so I'm going to do it. Before I graduate, I am going to try out for a dance team at BYU-I. Even if I don't make it, I just want to try out. But I'm no where near being able to try out, so I'm going to have to work hard to get to that point and working toward that point will be a lot of fun.
So my plans are...I'm going to keep taking clogging classes. I really love it. I'll also keep taking ballroom because I love that too. Also, next semester I'm also going to take Advanced Jazz, I'm a little nervous cause it's been so long since I've danced, but if I work hard this summer on my flexibility and technique I think I can do it. So I'll take these dance classes my whole sophomore year and I'll work really really hard. Hopefully I can tryout for a dance team for my junior or even my senior year.
Even if I don't ever get to be on a team again, I'm just excited to be able to dance again. I haven't danced in the last two years mainly because I've been scared to start again, I feel like I've lost it all....but I'm going to get it back! Why shouldn't I dance? I love it!
Since I'm taking all these dance classes, I'm probably going to minor or cluster in dance. It feels so good to be doing something I love again. It gives me something to work on and to work towards. I can't wait until I'm back on a dance floor practicing again, I've missed it so much and I'm glad that I still have a change to have that opportunity.
3 comments:
Katie-
Glad that it sounds like you are having fun...college is a great time! Dancing sounds like fun. Everyone needs to make time to do something they love. Also, your playlist is great!
Kev
Sounds so fun! You go for it girl!
Yay Katie! What better time than the present?
Post a Comment