Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Snowmobiling

Over Christmas break I went snowmobiling a couple of times with Derek's family.  The first time I went I just rode with Derek, I was so scared.  You go really fast and you have to lean really far off the side of the machine to keep it balanced when you are going up mountains and things.  So the whole time I was terrified that we were going to fall.  We actually did roll once but we were going slow and it wasn't too bad.  Also, the snowmobiles get stuck a lot.  You have to drive them just right or they plow into the snow.  The second time I went was a lot more fun.  I had my own machine that time.  It's a lot easier, and a lot less scary when you are the one driving.  I was able to feel which way I needed to lean and how much, to stay balanced.  I got some air a couple of times and it scared me a lot.  I went pretty slow and slowed Derek and his Dad down a lot.  But they were patient with me.  The scariest part is going down hill.  You are on this machine and you are at the top looking straight down.  It's pretty scary.  But once you start going down its okay.  I screamed a lot but survived.  Going up hill is hard too.  I didn't go up the big mountains like Derek and his Dad did (that looks freaky!).  But even the little hills are hard.  You got to keep going and pushing the throtle or you will get stuck.  Don't worry though, I'm being safe.  I don't do crazy things.  The best best part is now pretty it is.  With all the snow and being up high and looking over everything, its just amazing.  I have defiantly developed a love for snowmobiling!



2 comments:

Julie said...

Go Kate go!

Mrs. Lundgreen said...

Ha! I had to laugh when you put that part in about "being safe" - I just knew that was for your parents!:) You are so brave! Live it up! We miss you!