Saturday, May 3, 2008

Internship

I've been wanting to do videography for a career for several years. I just figured I'd get my own equiptment and figure it all out on my own. But last March BJ helped me get in touch with his friend who owns a videography business. I went over to ask Mike some questions to help get my started making videos...and the next thing I knew I had a internship lined up with him.

I work with Mike 10 hours a week. I'm a learing a lot. He really knows what he's doing. I had to get my own equiptment and I just got it all set up. I did have to get a mac though...after saying for years, that I'd never buy anything made by apple. But its great. Now that I'm use to it I love it. The whole world should have gone with apple. I got my editing program as well. Now I'm stuck trying to figure it all out. (Mike uses a different program)

This has worked out so well. I'm not getting paid right now, but hopefully within a few months, I will start earning some. And once I "graduate" from my intern I'll make even more. I will leave for school in the fall, but Mike will send me stuff in the mail and I will work for him from Idaho. I am very excited to have this opportunity.

No comments: